We can help you with…
- All your training needs
- Selecting the best young people for your company
- Getting the maximum benefit from training
- Managing your apprentice at college
- Developing your staff
- Health & Safety legislation
- Risk Assessments
- Pay & Conditions
- Advice in employment law
You benefit as a GTA member because…
- We specialise in the motor trade, so we understand your needs.
- We attend careers events, make school visits & work closely with the Connexions service to attract young people to our trade.
- By recruiting on behalf of all our members we attract a high standard of applicant for training.
- We then undertake selection testing, interviews & take up school reports before referring suitable applicants to you to meet your planned vacancies.
- We support you & your apprentice throughout their Training Programme with regular monitoring on our established programmes running at local colleges.
- We are a City & Guilds /IMI Approved Centre & employ our own Approved Assessors to ensure our learners achieve the high standards expected, without interfering with their work for you.
Who are we?…
- The GTA is run by the Trade for the Trade.
We started back in 1969 with a group of local employers co-operating together to develop training standards in the area.
- Nowadays we cover well over 60 local garages, body shops & haulage companies, from “one-man” businesses to branches of large plc’s.
- Individually none of our members can justify employing professional training staff, collectively we can.
What can we do for you?…
- We can take the worry & the hassle out of training for you, ensuring nothing is forgotten or left to chance.
- We know good people are vital for your business – we help you make the most of your company’s greatest asset.
Are we any good?…
- We’ve got friendly, fully trained staff who understand the real worlds needs of your business.
- After more than 40 years we’ve experienced & dealt with most of the training problems any employer can ever face.
- Our learners have represented Great Britain in the Skills Olympics.
- We are accredited Matrix (Information, Advice & Guidance) standard.
- We are long time Investors in People award winners – we practice what we preach.
What does it cost?…
- Quality training is expensive, our work is funded by the Skills Funding Agency to ensure we achieve the high standards of training & supervision necessary.
- You pay the learner’s wages – we cover all training fees for 16-18 year old learners. Subsidised training fees for learners aged 19+
- We are a non-profit making company, Limited by Guarantee, so any surplus is used to develop our work, not pay expensive dividends.